Thursday, December 10, 2009

Top Food Idioms

a piece of cake (as easy as pie) - easy, a breeze
as merican as apple pie - very American, typical American
(Basebal is as American as apple pie.)
a smart cookie - intelligent
a tough cookie - a strong person
a lemon - defective product (used for electronic appliance, used cars...)
to be in a pickle ( to be in a jam) - you're in trouble
(I was in a pickle on my firstday at the work.)
go bananas (go nuts) - I am going crazy.
to be a nut - They are nuts (crazy people)
to be fishy - suspicious
fishy situations, no good explanation about situations
(Electronic voting is extremly fishy.)
to hear something through the grapevine
(I heard it through the grapevine. She's leaving but she didn't tell us.)
cup of tea - It's not my cup of tea. It's not my thing. It's not for me.
sour face - That woman has sour face.

No comments:

Post a Comment