a) scars b)crutches c) energy
2. The old man could not stand up. His legs __________ under him.
a) collapsed b) despaired c)soared
3. Mother Teresa felt __________ for the poor who lived and died in the streets. She tried to help them.
a) perseverance b) scars c)compassion
4. I like to watch the birds fly in the sky. They __________ above the buildings.
a) jump b) soar c) collapse
5. She finally realized that life colud be satisfying in a wheelchair. Until that __________ she had felt her life was hopeless.
a) dream b)revelation c)scar
6. Learning to walk again after the accident took great __________.
a) limitation b) crutches c) perseverance
7. After many years of working to __________ his disability. Paul could finally live independently.
a) overcome b) mangle c) relax
8. The trail had big rocks and large holes. It was not an easy __________ for a person in a wheelchair.
a) landscape b)revelation c) stairway
9. Life is a great adventure. You never know what it __________.
a) will turn around b) has in store for you c)will overcome
10. He quickly understood the __________ of using a wheelchair. He could not climb stairs or enter narrow doorways.
a) compassion b) limitation c) revelation
1.b 2.a 3.c 4.b 5.b 6.c 7.a 8.c 9.b 10.b