Friday, May 27, 2016

Usage Of Phrasal Verbs


  • We looked at a few houses before we bought this one. 
  • We asked the teacher to look through our essays for mistakes. 
  • Could you look her telefone number up in the dictionary?
  • We are looking forward to your visit in September.
  • Look out! There is a car coming!
  • I'd like to look into the possibility of buying a new house.
  • She is looking after the children this weekend.
  • She is looking for a new place to live.
  • I need to look over your report, I'll get back to you tomorrow.
  • He looks to his best friend for advice on business deals.
  • Angie doesn't like to look back on her past. She keeps her on the future. 
  • Feel like to look around the store. Let me know if you need any help.
  • Things seem to be looking up at the long last. 
  • Would you like to take a look at this model?
  • The police looked into the crime.
  • They used some strong vodka to bring him round.
  • I'd like to bring the meeting forward a few hours if that is alright with you,
  • I was brought up in the countryside by my aunt.
  • I need to bring these books back to the library this afternoon.
  • The accident was brought about by his carelees driving.
  • I was really happywhen i finally brought that new contract off.
  • Smithers brought her latest book out last year.
  • The new computer expert was brought in to solve the problem.
  • I don't mean to bring you down, but your favorite baseball team lost the game.
  • Could i bring up the new subject?
  • He brought the rowboat to and let her sister get off?
  • I'm afraid he brought his troubles upon himself.
  • The policeman brouhgt the criminal down, but unfortunately hurt himself in the act of doing so.
  • Did you bring up the subject with your boss?
  • The revolution was brought about by the regime's lack of trust.
  • Jack took away the plates and brought us the second course. ( removed)
  • Let me take you around the office. ( show)
  • He took his christmas present back to macys.
  • I can't believe how easy it is to take him in.
  • He's really starting to take to Sheilla. ( like)
  • I think i'll take up golf this year. ( begin a new activity)
  • I'd love to take in a good movie tonight.
  • The mob wants to take Tony out. ( kill) 
  • She takes after her father. ( inherit character) 
  • They took apart the Dolphins last week.
  • Has he taken off work recently? ( have a holiday)
  • He'll never take what he said back. (admit being wrong)
  • I had to take Tim aside. ( speak to privately)
  • He took over the company with 400.000 shares. ( win control of)
  • He took Sharon out last week. ( date)
  • Be careful about what you say. He may take you apart. ( criticize strongly)

No comments:

Post a Comment